Jesus People USA Evangelical Covenant Church
- We believe that the Bible is the uniquely inspired, authoritative
Word of God and is the only perfect rule for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
- We believe in the Triune God; God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. These Three Persons are the One God, eternal, omnipotent, omnipresent.
- We believe the Lord Jesus Christ, through the incarnation, became man without ceasing to be God, fully human and fully divine. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He preached the good news to the poor, proclaimed freedom for the prisoners, gave sight to the blind, and released the oppressed. He perfectly fulfilled his earthly mission, being crucified for the redemption of all humankind. He was dead and buried and rose again on the third day, defeating death and the devil. After his resurrection Jesus appeared to his disciples and many others, and ascended to the right hand of God the Father. He will return the same way he left to judge the living and the dead according to the Scriptures.
- We believe God created human beings in his image to be in fellowship with Him. Our first parents, however, sinned resulting in the consequent sin and separation of all humanity from God. Humankind is helpless to remedy their predicament. Only through Christ’s death on the cross can we by grace be reconciled to God, receive forgiveness, new birth, and life everlasting.
- We believe in the ministry of the Holy Spirit, The Comforter, through whom all believers are regenerated, making it possible for the believer in Christ to live a godly life in this present fallen world. The Holy Spirit is given to the Church to produce both fruit and gifts in its members. We believe that all Christians are indwelt by the Holy Spirit upon their regeneration, and that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are valid for today’s church.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in Christ
and that these believers, who are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, are thus recognized as His Church. We practice the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and await the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, in which He will personally and visibly return from heaven to judge the living and the dead, and although no man can know the day, hour, or year, His return is imminent.